Friday Pescatarian Meal Salmon Stir Fry

Friday is company night and it's the one non-vegan meal of the week.

Salmon Stir Fry

  • 1 cup of brown rice
  • 1 cup of water (or stock if you like)
  • Some salt
  • A bit (maybe a tablespoon) of coconut oil (optional)
Into the Instant Pot.  Manual for 15 mins.  NPR for 10 mins.

  • Salmon fillets
  • Miyoko's vegan butter, melted (I still don't want dairy)
  • Onion powder
  • Garlic powder
  • Smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper
  • Cayenne
  • Dried parsley
  • Juice of one lemon
No measurements... I just throw stuff together.  I mixed up all the stuff above in a shallow bowl then dipped the salmon in and tried to rub the stuff on all parts of the salmon.

I then put them into my toaster oven onto a pan in the center (my broiler pan).  The oven was preheated and running at 400 degrees.  The fillets should sizzle when you put them on the pan.  I set the timer for 10 minutes.

  • Onion
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Red bell pepper
  • Zucchini
  • Bok Choy
  • Mung bean sprouts
These all get a rough cut and they go into a large hot pan with a little olive oil in the order listed (things that take the longest to cook start first).  

I like my veggies al dente so nothing gets cooked to the point of mushy.  I actually put the bean sprouts in after turning off the stove.  They only need to be heated.  If things start sticking while you're cooking, add a little water and stir with wooden spoon.

You can add fresh garlic and ginger at the beginning if you like.  I put coconut aminos on at the end or at the table, so sometimes I won't bother with any extra flavoring during cooking.



If you try any of these recipes, I'd love to hear from you.

Here's a link to my index of recipes and other musings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Quick Snacks

Instant Pot Vegetable Stew with Beef and Soup Spice Mix